The 2015 spring meeting of the JRBF was held in Scottsville at the Tavern on the James in the upstairs dining room. The room was packed with many old-timey batteau people and a whole lot of new faces as well. Chairman Ralph Smith led the meeting while recognizing former Chairman Norm Hansen of the batteau “Thomas Jefferson” (#4) and the next Chairman Andrew Shaw. There are 5 new boats being built. Two new crews and 3 old crews with new boats. The total number of boats was announced to be 22 for this year, which can always change as we get closer to the time to launch! Everyone was really excited about this being the 30th Annual JRBF! There will be a new version of the JRBF Trail Atlas available from the VC&NS online store later in May. Dr. Trout is working on some last minute changes before the new edition is printed. See the VC&NS online store for more information and to please join the VC&NS as a member. You may also pay camping fees online for those not on a boat crew.
JRBF - Upcoming Events
JRBF Recent Posts
- 2017 JRBF – Maiden’s Landing – Photos by Doug Berry. June 26, 2017
- Scottsville – June 21, 2017 – Photos by Polly Wooldridge. June 22, 2017
- Howardsville – Tuesday afternoon, June 20, 2017. June 21, 2017
- Wingina – Tuesday Morning – June 20, 2017. June 21, 2017
- Galt’s Mill Site – Sunday Morning – June 18, 2017. June 18, 2017
- Batteaux launch from Percival’s Island to begin the 2017 James River Batteau Festival! June 17, 2017
- 2017 James River Batteau Festival – Friday night – Getting ready to go at Rucker Landing! June 16, 2017
- Rucker Landing signs dedicated during Amherst County’s Batteau Day – June 10, 2017 June 10, 2017
- Goolsby’s Rapid – 2016 JRBF – Top 50 photos. March 24, 2017
- 2017 JRBF Brochure available for download March 22, 2017
Batteau Festival Maps & Info.
2017 James River Batteau Festival Dates:
Friday June 16:
Boats parked at Amherst Boat Landing.
Sunday June 18:
Depart Galt's Mill.
Arrive at Bent Creek.
Monday June 19:
Depart Bent Creek.
Arrive at Wingina.
Tuesday June 20:
Arrive at Howardsville.
Wednesday June 21:
Thursday June 22:
Arrive at Slate River.
Friday June 23:
Depart Slate River.
Arrive at Cartersville.
Saturday June 24:
Arrive at Maiden's Landing approx. 4 pm