The batteaux came into Scottsville Wednesday evening and were greeted by many local people. There were many nice vendors set up along the camp by the river. Musicians played string music under a new wooden open style awning near the canoe ramp. Children strolled along the walkway with their parents, some wanting to go in the water and play. Dr. Bill Trout and Philip de Vos from the VC&NS demonstrated a batteau going through a sluice with a nice display that Bill had built to run off batteries so he could show the children. The Tavern on the James was very busy and the food was great. Thursday the Batteaux head for Slate River.
JRBF - Upcoming EventsSep24Sunall-day World Canals Conference 2017 @ Syracuse, NYWorld Canals Conference 2017 @ Syracuse, NYSep 24 – Sep 28 all-dayThe World Canals Conference (WCC2017) is headed to Syracuse, NY on September 24-28, 2017! – Marriott Downtown Syracuse. The conference is expected to draw hundreds of international delegates and thousands of local and regional residents and canal enthusiasts to waterfront events. … Continue reading →
JRBF Recent Posts
- Scottsville – June 21, 2017 – Photos by Polly Wooldridge. June 22, 2017
- Howardsville – Tuesday afternoon, June 20, 2017. June 21, 2017
- Wingina – Tuesday Morning – June 20, 2017. June 21, 2017
- Galt’s Mill Site – Sunday Morning – June 18, 2017. June 18, 2017
- Batteaux launch from Percival’s Island to begin the 2017 James River Batteau Festival! June 17, 2017
- 2017 James River Batteau Festival – Friday night – Getting ready to go at Rucker Landing! June 16, 2017
- Rucker Landing signs dedicated during Amherst County’s Batteau Day – June 10, 2017 June 10, 2017
- Goolsby’s Rapid – 2016 JRBF – Top 50 photos. March 24, 2017
- 2017 JRBF Brochure available for download March 22, 2017
- Batteau “Stuff” for sale – From Ed Barbour, Captain, The batteau “Edward Scott”. February 11, 2017
Batteau Festival Maps & Info.
2017 James River Batteau Festival Dates:
Friday June 16:
Boats parked at Amherst Boat Landing.
Sunday June 18:
Depart Galt's Mill.
Arrive at Bent Creek.
Monday June 19:
Depart Bent Creek.
Arrive at Wingina.
Tuesday June 20:
Arrive at Howardsville.
Wednesday June 21:
Thursday June 22:
Arrive at Slate River.
Friday June 23:
Depart Slate River.
Arrive at Cartersville.
Saturday June 24:
Arrive at Maiden's Landing approx. 4 pm