The Batteau “Fine Creek Mill” was parked by Ferndale Park beside the Appomattox River near Matoaca. The rain was getting stronger as the day went on, however, the Friends of the Lower Appomattox River (FOLAR) made the best of the situation. FOLAR had food vendors and many different river groups set up beside the pond behind the pavilion building. They even had a nice buggy with seats pulled by an ATV giving rides down the 1.5 mile towpath. The canal had a good amount of water in it. The bridge leading from the park across the canal to the tow-path was named after Nancy Trout! A musical group made up of men from the area played civil war style music which was very very nice!
VC&NS “Home Fund”
VC&NS - Upcoming Events
Join the VC&NSPlease see the VC&NS online store to choose your category of dues such as individual or couple, etc. This is a one time payment to be made through PayPal using either your PayPal account OR Credit Card. (Most cards accepted and are processed for the VC&NS through PayPal.) For future dues payments you will receive annual notices from our Membership Director via the US Mail. (You still may pay via the website each time if you so choose, however this is not an automatic payment as has been done with the prior "subscribe now" PayPal Button Method). Thank you for being a member of the VC&NS.
VC&NS News – Recent Posts
- VC&NS New Publication: The Belle of Rose Isle, A model-maker’s case study of The Reverend Robert Rose’s Double Dug-Out Canoe. December 4, 2016
- Introducing our 2017 Fundraising Campaign – “Friends First” November 20, 2016
- Palmyra Lock Cleanup a Success November 14, 2016
- Great Bridge Heritage Festival a Success November 14, 2016
- New London Day 2016 was very nice October 16, 2016
- Tireless James – River Cleanup Event – October 22, 2016 – Howardsville to Scottsville October 13, 2016
- Palmyra Lock Cleanup – November 12, 2016 October 12, 2016
- The Dismal Swamp Nobody Knows – New Publication from the VC&NS, 2016. June 14, 2016
- VCNS 2016 Annual Conference a great success Saturday Night in Lynchburg April 24, 2016
- VCNS 2016 Conference – Saturday – Canal Sites tour with Dr. Bill Trout April 23, 2016